The National Archives recognizes the month of October as American #ArchivesMonth. You can join the conversation via Twitter on Wednesday, October 3, for #AskAnArchivist Day. The nation will use this online, communal space to discuss what it entails to be an archivist. Learn more about the nation’s heritage by reading Stories about National Archives history in the Prologue Magazine:
- Our First Preservation Program
- The First Records
- The National Archives’ Role in Amending the Constitution
- The Bill of Rights at 225
- Elections and the Electoral College
- The Presidential Libraries
- A Coast-to-Coast Archives
- Preserving the Archives’ Past
- Building on a Tradition of Oral History
- The National Archives Goes Underground
- The Records of Congress
Visit your local presidential library and museum to learn more about these collections! Here are some photos from the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda, CA.
The Why They Wore It: The Politics & Pop Culture of First Ladies’ Fashion was shown from – Upcoming exhibits are announced on the site.